Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 12:21 PM   #330
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Update - Exhaust - H-Pipe

Beware, lot of pics in this post . I ended up slicing a 45 in half a couple times turning my 45 into more like a 38 degree bend. Welded it all together. I have some pics showing how the saddle cut ends will attach with v-band clamps.

Then I needed to finish my saddle cuts into the adjoining pipes. I got everything set in place and just marked the holes to cut with marker. Then I used a couple different cutoff wheels to make the cuts. Worked out pretty decent. Then I finished welding all the saddle cuts and v-band ends to each section. The v-bands are a great idea I stole from @SCOTI, thanks man.

My welds are getting better, but 2 things. First, pretty sure my voltage was too high and/or not enough wire speed as you can see some holes in center of welds. It will be fine, its exhaust. The second things however is I may have learned that I should have went with similar metals instead of the SS. Just because it was same price wasn't a good reason to grab it. Someone told me that introducing carbon welds to SS might not last very long. I ended up painting my welds with high temp primer and paint for exhaust. So we will find out soon enough. I hope it lasts...

Pic heavy!

This one I wanted to mention how nicely this went together. I put the opposite end together first. Then I welded the h-pipe side v-band clamp end on first. Then the last v-band end ended up being the piece that laid down and made sure everything ended up being perfectly flush. Worked out great.

"It's only money".

Last edited by TA_C10; 10-30-2019 at 08:32 PM.
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote