View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 12:31 PM   #411
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

Tribute to my dog, which previously belonged to my mom and dad. Man this fellow had a ferocious bark. But he was a baby, strong personality to all that knew him, and then they fell in love with him. He was a rescue dog as a pup, found running loose in the hills. My parents figured in their 80s they had to have a third German Shephard, previously only a set of two. One was 120 Lbs. BTW. Anyway, bad idea, Lucky was by far the most rambunctious and wild of the six Shephard's they'd adopted past.

We knew I'd end up with him, even Lucky knew that. I gave him my best, and rec'd that back, he minded me quickly, aimed to please and protect. I had him half his life, cut too short, before his 10th birthday. He became weak after breakfast Thursday morning. No change throughout the night into the early morning. I took him to the ER - Large tumor on the spleen and heavy bleeding, that's it.

He had a auto immune disease some sort. A year after I adopted him he went blind during a month(s) of smoke in the air. Detached retinas. Man, 2020 was a miserable year, but blessing we brought vision back with a stint of steroids and anti-biotics. Lucky, for sure, we were so happy.

Gosh I loved this dog, what he meant to me, and my parents. I'd sure like another Shepherd someday, but I don't know, I don't own anything without his hair on it. I had his "sister" as well, put her down 2020. Had to clean floors every 2-3 days. Could get a poodle instead, hmmm!........NEVER. I still have my lab, he's 12. I think he has some Pit Bull, hind legs and some white spots. Anyway, here's Lucky. One picture with his "brother", the big guy, and his "sister" approx. when my parent's first adopted him. Hmmm, I'm guessing he was 6 months old. Lucky was pretty big too, and was real handsome.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 04-29-2024 at 02:01 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote