View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 11:46 PM   #14
jorgensensc

Re: 1972 Chevy SWB Fleetside For Sale in pieces

I hope I may give you a veiwpoint you may have not thought of yet. What you have done is definately top quality! And you have definately spent the money. THe problem comes in the fact that the truck is not together. Most people look at that and see a pile of parts, with some question as to whether or not everything will be there in the end. THey look at spending 9500, and realize they will have to spend even more money on top of that, and it makes them shy away. For the same or less money someone could find a nice running driving truck, ( although not nearly to this level) and do the work themselves and have the knowledge that the little nickel and dime parts are there. THere in lies the other problem, Most people on this board have the mechanical ability to do much of the work themselves, so we all like to think we can do things for less. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm am in no way knocking the beautiful work you have done, and I'm positive it's worth it, but the price seems/feels big for what you see in the pictures... a pile of parts. My suggestion would be to assemble the vehicle as far as you can and sell it, or part it out. People on this board are looking for good cabs, nice complete rolling frames, etc, etc. You could probably come very close to your asking price by parting it. This is Just my opinion, so please take no offense.
Shawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote