Thread: 47-55.1 55.1 S10 swap Gypsum
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 12:52 AM   #42
joedoh

Re: 55.1 S10 swap Gypsum

just mounting BBB body bumpers boards. and the pedals. and column. its a mutually beneficial relationship, like clownfish and anemones.

tomorrow I am not looking forward to, he put in " 3" drop springs". but they might be for a 1 ton dually, because I can stand on the frame with a friend and it doesnt budge. so I have a plan to take them out and put in some REAL 3 drop springs.

yesterday and today I started assembling the front clip. I have no inkling why the first thing everyone seems to do is blow the front end into a thousand pieces? so out comes the 5/16 18 tap and the 3/4 5/16 bolt collection.

he had a 1.5 ton and a 1/2 ton and brought some of the wrong parts. thats my gang sign I am throwing up. Westside WrongPart Craps.

he also said he only broke one bolt taking it apart but i found 7, i had to weld nuts to them to get them out. and then 5 more broken bolts on the hood. thats a 5/16 24 tap if you were wondering.

I am not complaining, this is the work that it takes. a lot of guys focus on mounting the body but this is where the work is, the everything else.

I have a plan tomorrow for the springs like I said, we will see if they turn projectile. keep an eye out for an unauthorized missle test in the midwest, these 1 ton springs are probably gonna FLLYYYYYYY
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote