View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #11
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Re: The Official John Lee Jr Thread

It feels great. I got up at 530 and looked out the window at it...lovely.

First jobs are done, installed drivers visor and black drivers door rear view mirror. Today or tomorrow, I pull the tires, check the brakes and will swap out the tires/wheels and any of the spanky new brake parts from Ol John Lee as needed....eventually, I'll pull all of Ol John Lees split brake lines and move the dual master (67 C10/Impala drum/drum) over to John Lee Jr. Got a guy considering Ol John Lees cab so if he dosn't buy the whole truck I have all of Ol John Lees brand new suspension to transfer over later this year.

This weekend will also see and oil change with ZDDP additive so we can finish up the motor break in. Typical of the Rochester B carb, it pukes a teaspoon of fuel on hot shutdown....I'll look that over too as needed, it appears to be the hot overflow that weeps out the lower throttle shaft axle holes. Rebuilts are available from Oreilly and Advance auto, with Oreilly having the best price. But I'll play with this one a bit if the fuel weeping is too big or too often.

And finally, John Lee Jr is gonna need an exhaust system this year.....maybe an old school glass pack.

Last edited by Sharps40; 06-28-2014 at 05:57 PM.