Thread: 97 7.4 Gremlins
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 12:17 PM   #1
mingoman

97 7.4 Gremlins

My truck has had the hard start when warm issue for some time, but lately it shuts off while driving. Sometimes it would start right away, most of the time I'd have to wait before it would.
I had read where it was possibly the fuel pressure regulator diaphragm allowing fuel in the manifold and since I wanted to change the injectors anyway I did both buying an AC regulator and new injectors from 5O Motorsports.
When I finished yesterday she fired right up, sounded nice. However, I ran to town to fill up the tank and test how it would do and when I pulled into the station it kind of lopped at idle.
I filled it up, started find, then died on the way home. I was able to start it again and drive hone, but went to start it again after a few hours and it would sputter and spit, but not run.
I called my wife out to show her how it was acting and it started up and purred like a kitten.
I did put a new Delco fuel pump and fuel filter in while I was restoring the truck plus I put new wires, plugs, cap, and rotor on while doing the injector work.
Any ideas?