View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #37
brimc

Re: 86 Silverado K20 12V CUMMINS Build

So up to this point I have been pretty happy with the POR15 i've used so far. My biggest problem that I have been struggling with is that I want this old Chevy to last a long time, but I want to drive it too. This is something that can't be done in Ontario. All nice rides are put away 6~8months a year or they rot. I worked hard to keep that old Dodge clean but after 15 years with all the salt/sand on these roads, it is just a killer.
I decided to make another POR order. it looks good on all the frame bits and pieces so I did some more research on there High heat Manifold and Engine paints.

I went for a six pack of POR15 Gloss black and a can of there Factory Manifold Grey for the turbo and exhaust. I was liking the red theme and decided I would also get a can of there "Chev Red". It was only $80 for all that and shipped to the door in 3 days. It is a little $$ but if it lasts it is a small price to pay. Time will tell?

1986 Chevrolet K20 Silverado 12 Valve CUMMINS P Pumped Intercooled/Getrag360/Divorced NP205/10B/14BFF Detroit Locker - DD Canadian Winter Beater.

My Chevrolet CUMMINS Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=585509
brimc is offline   Reply With Quote