View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 10:47 PM   #78
brimc

Re: 86 Silverado K20 12V CUMMINS Build

So since I can't do anymore on the fuel side until I go shopping, I decided to work on the air side for the time being. Started by pulling out the core support.

The support is in rough shape but I figure why cut up a good one? I can weld up the cracks and reinforce it better than new!
Then semi cleaned the inter cooler and taped up some cardboard to protect it during the mockup process.

I will be using the dodge rad for ease of use and buying easy replacement parts like hoses etc. I have to buy a new rad, this one is toast. I will just use this one for hacking up the rad support and mockup.

Now I plan on keeping the Mech. fan. I want to run this truck with as little electrics as I can. Also, I ran without a fan for several years and just installed it when needed. Takes 2 min. with the top of the shroud cut off as seen on the picture. If I cannot make it fit, ie: fan-rad clearance, I will go electric. For 95% driving this engine needs no cooling fan unless pulling and in traffic based on my previous 5 or 6 years experience pulling our 8000lb 26' trailer.

Hopefully more work and updates on the truck after this long weekend!

1986 Chevrolet K20 Silverado 12 Valve CUMMINS P Pumped Intercooled/Getrag360/Divorced NP205/10B/14BFF Detroit Locker - DD Canadian Winter Beater.

My Chevrolet CUMMINS Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=585509
brimc is offline   Reply With Quote