View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #80
brimc

Re: 86 Silverado K20 12V CUMMINS Build

Wow, long time no update. 2 months really?
Anyhow here we go. The rad support was in really bad shape. Aftermarket thin cheap tin crap. I went nuts with the cut off wheel and ended up with this,

Then ended up with this, a big old hole with a bunch of new metal tacked in place.

I used part of the dodge support and the holders for the IC. Little cutting, welding and the IC and Rad fit like a glove. I then decided I needed to test fit the entire cab and front end. So I did. First time Cab was back on the frame since I pulled the plug on the old 350 and pulled the trigger on parting the dodge.

I got a 1 inch body lift in there right now and I got the fenders/hood fitting, and open-close good as before, maybe better.
The IC and rad fit perfect behind the rad support, so there will be no issues with the grill or lights etc.

Just enough room for electric fans. Mech fan just touches the rad so I tossed it out back in the pile. Didn't really want it anyway.

Tons of room between the firewall and the block/head and the modded 2nd gen exhaust pipe.

What I really notice is that I think I have the engine sitting really low compared to others I have seen. I hope that works out to be better in the end because I am not moving it. haha

So then I ripped the front end all apart again and finished welding the core support and gave it a good coat of POR15.

Also got the IC cleaned up and put a fresh coat of paint on it as well.

Little bit closer.......

1986 Chevrolet K20 Silverado 12 Valve CUMMINS P Pumped Intercooled/Getrag360/Divorced NP205/10B/14BFF Detroit Locker - DD Canadian Winter Beater.

My Chevrolet CUMMINS Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=585509
brimc is offline   Reply With Quote