View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 03:36 PM   #31
jocko

Re: Highest MSRP for a 67-72

kinda funny, we all dream about finding a truck just like this one, then, when we do, we just can't believe it could ever exist because it'd be too good to be true! Ha, I'm very guilty of this. It is a beautifully done truck - not a hack job of an "I want to sell it as a Super so I can make a few extra $ off a shmo" type. It's virtually impossible to tell if it was turned into a Super from some other trim level with repro SPID and window sticker made to match the seller's idea of a dream truck, or if it's the real deal. Look at it this way, if it is a "fake" truck, the seller knows his stuff - he knew enough to leave the 350 on the SPID because the 402 was not available on the Ks. Or, like I said, it is the real deal and has had a very nice resto done to it. But, in the end, these are trucks, not Yenkos, so I'm not against building one like you like it. The 350 on the SPID and the seller's mention of the swap - and the condition of the SPID, lead me to think it's the real deal and was redone well. But, it's so nice, that even if it is a recreation of a dream truck with ordered to match SPID and window sticker, it's so well done that it doesn't matter. How many of us WISH GM put big blocks in Ks?? If this is your dream truck, I wouldn't get too hung up on the originality (or not) - in the end, you'd have a wonderful truck if you bought it. Don't get me wrong, if the reserve is hovering somewhere in the 30's because of it's option loadout, then a bit more investigation might be warranted. But it's a beautiful truck. I asked the seller for a SPID about a week ago, he shared it readily, and also added it to the ebay ad. All I can say is picture this beauty with original white steelies and PO3s. Stunning! Hope he sells it and the new owner loves it. Also, consider this - if he were building a "dream truck" with well-faked documents, I'm sure he'd have added Z81 Custom Camper in the process. Oh way, that would be MY dream truck...! Oh, forgot to mention - I wouldn't pay ANY attn. to a window sticker, they can be remade easily. They're a nice addition to a show truck that is fully resto'ed, but the SPID is more telling. And this one is in great condition, yet doesn't look brand new. Correct font, which is rare, unless chip does it. Either way, gorgeous truck.

Last edited by jocko; 10-18-2015 at 03:42 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote