Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 11:18 PM   #2523
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

came home from work today and decided to get wheel, had an hour before having to take my daughter coat shopping, no problem I thought, plenty of time to install that Grant steering wheel, I didn't even change into my work clothes just threw on my favorite gray hoodie over my work shirt

I removed the stock steering wheel and plopped down in my little camping red chair and pored over the FOUR sets of instructions, yes not 1 not 2, not 3, but 4 sets of instructions that came with the steering wheel and the installation kit

Too many instructions written by someone on Opposites Day, were only my first problem, non of them tell you where to stop removing the old parts, I mean that seems like a logical question right, you pop off the plastic horn button with a flat screw driver, unscrew the three philips screws in that metal horn ring take that off, then you pull of the steering wheel, so far so good, but then what? Do you keep going? The instructions don't tell you where to stop. The tiny pictures sure look like you have to remove that metal cover to expose that ring with the teeth on it around the outside edges, but nope, I think you leave that metal cover on.

I did not take step by step pictures, because quite frankly I did not know what the heck I was doing.

Then they give you two of everything. Two sets of screws (you end up using the set they tell you may not need, LOL) Two sets of horn wires. Two horn buttons, etc.

They tell you to route the provided horn wire one way, but nope, the hub they give you surely shows you there is a better way to route it.

Now I am not ranting and complaining, I am just sharing with you the experiences and the process I went through that's all.
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 01-06-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote