View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 06:52 PM   #139
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

Got my little blasting pot out today and blasted the engine & transmission cross members. My snap on 2 stage compressor was struggling to keep up so this afternoon I hooked up my other 2 stage compressor together with it so when I go to do the whole frame on Friday, I won't have to stop every few minutes (I hope). My satin black paint is supposed to be here tomorrow so once everything is blasted I can put some epoxy primer on then go straight to spraying some satin chassis black.

I also had a few minutes to kill so i pulled the outer heater box off of the firewall. I was figuring it was going to be really rusty behind it and full of crap, but was pleasantly surprised to see no rot and not full of crap. The heater core has been changed at some point and still looks like new. I may leave it alone for now and just clean, paint and install new seals on the box. There is one small metal rust breakout just above the fan on the firewall that i might as well fix while I have it out.

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote