View Single Post
Old 04-02-2022, 05:35 PM   #146
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

Welded up the extra holes and put a patch in the rear frame horn that the hitch ripped out at some point. Brushed a little bit of epoxy primer on and then shot 2 coats of eastwood chassis satin black on after letting the epoxy dry. Gonna let the paint cure for a few days before doing anything else to it.

This is the 1at time I have used SPI epoxy primer and I have to say it is some really nice stuff. Mixes good, sprays good and covers excellent. I used some Matrix epoxy from local paint supplier on the last project and it sucked, start to finish and was more expensive overall considering they only sold it in quarts. SPI shipped right to my door as well.

Tomorrow I will "attempt" to reassemble the transfer case and that will let me know if I am pulling the transmission apart or just resealing it. I got a feeling it is just going to get a reseal. I stopped by the machine shop yesterday since I had not heard anything from them and he said the flywheel and shafts are done but he is waiting on the new flywheel bolts I asked for. The heads were a little buggered on the old ones and I like to use new ones anyway. My clutch kit is sitting there waiting as well.

Once the paint cures on the frame I will drop the axles and springs away from it so I can work on them. Gonna just put new spring bushings in for now. If it ends up riding bad or sagging (which it wasn't sitting here in the shop) I will replace them later on. I am probably not going to do any u-joint or ball joint work on the front axle either, out of my comfort zone totally.

I found some high temp spray paint that I want to use on the transmission and T case so I figured I would paint the clutch cover to see how it looked. I like it so gonna go with it.

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote