View Single Post
Old 04-03-2022, 04:59 PM   #147
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

Found out today I do not have patience for the transmission reseal. My dumb ass can't figure out how to get the thing apart enough to get the gaskets in and what I feared would happen did happen. The needle bearings fell out of the front shaft area into the bottom of the case. Can't find any solid videos of the disassemble for the 4x4 setup So I decided to play who wants to be a millionaire and used a life line to phone a friend. He will be here later this week. I am going to have him look at the front axle ujoints to see if he thinks a rebuild is needed. I am still trying to get the T Case back together as well. Got all the parts cleaned up and new seals put in as well as some fresh paint. I forgot to grab some petroleum jelly yesterday while out so could not start the reassemble yet.

Since that all kicked me in the nuts I decided to finish up just doing little stuff this afternoon. I bought some 2.5" ram horn manifolds last week and had to cut the accessory ears off of them so took care of that this afternoon. I may smooth the whole thing out before coating them (open to suggestions on manifold paint that lasts).
I thought the gas tank was good since it was bone dry when I bought it back in 2011. I have a NOS pickup here so figured I would get it cleaned up and ready to go in. Pulled the old one out and stuck the flashlight in and no dice. Bad scale inside. I looked at the tank lining kits but by the time I buy the kit and spend the whole day doing it, I might just as well order a new tank (which I just did). I have several sets of factory straps and hardware here already in good shape so i just ordered the bare tank. Started sorting out all the brake & fuel lines too. I messed up and forgot to order new hold downs for the frame rails so I am going to clean these up, paint and reuse them. They all look in good shape anyway.
Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is online now   Reply With Quote