View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 10:01 PM   #603
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

OK, slightly amusing, and any time you want to stop reading because your eyes glazed over, I will understand.

Had to call the dishwasher repairman, through the store I bought the dishwasher from. Washing dishes for a week, by hand, we all thought we were going to die! I went through all the troubleshooting routine, and still ended up with "clogged drain hose". Pulled the thing out from under the counter, cleaned the filters, drained the drain hose that goes to the break at the sink, etc., even tried to pull water out of the drain hose with a shop vac (that was, of course, unsuccessful). Well, the tech gets here, looks it over, takes a part out of the air break, and the thing starts pumping water out! Turns out that it's a common problem for the air break to get clogged. Since I had pulled it all down and water ran out into a drain pan, I didn't figure that that was the problem. The guy was in the house maybe 8 minutes. I wish that whatever was clogging the break hadn't gone down the sink drain. There is a filter, well, more than one, in the bottom of the dishwasher, so I'm confused on how anything could get up there to clog it. Then again, I found unpopped popcorn kernels below the filters. Something is amiss in the filtration system. I'd like to go look at a pump diagram, but I'm betting money that it looks like the insides of an automatic transmission, with looks like magic, anyway. If water wasn't such a precious commodity around here, I would just take the dishes out front and hose 'em off. Then again, maybe I could leave them in the back yard where the dogs can't reach them and let the neighbor's rats chow down. Then take 'em out front and pressure wash them. Plastic bowls blowing down the street, where they belong!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote