View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 08:49 PM   #173
yossarian19

Re: 57 Panel "FAKMLC" build

Few thoughts,

That CPP pedal box kit is "fine", I guess, though it positions the brake pedal *really* high. I had to pick my leg up so my kneed was into the steering wheel to get my foot onto it. Your mileage may vary. Also - the firewall flexes when you step on the brakes hard. You may want to add bracing somehow.

The engine, as it sits in the video, is low enough to the crossmember that I wonder if you could remove the oil pan without pulling the engine out or at least jacking it up off the mounts..? Something to consider.

I would stuff it as far back as you can and start low, raising it until you can fit some manifolds or headers in there. I think the narrowest factory manifolds are either the Corvette or F body ones? Somewhere, I'm sure, the internet can tell us. The Hooker manifolds look good, too.

Don't move it forward. Not until you have the core support, radiator & fans in place. You don't want to run out of room up there. Ask me how I know

Starting to think about parts-gathering to borrow some of your ideas for my own truck. Looks great! Keep it up! It's going to be hella satisfying to drive it.
yossarian19 is offline   Reply With Quote