View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 09:35 AM   #46
MalibuSSwagon

Re: Rock Auto WARNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherWs6 View Post
I love rockauto because they have so many parts and offer multiple options for each thing that I need so I can choose the manufacturer. So I enter my vehicle information, navigate to my desired part, see the list of options available and then start copying and pasting into Amazon who usually has the same parts at the same price shipped free in two days. Modern world, I'm not paying their stupid shipping prices. Besides, if I decide I want to return the part for whatever reason it's a piece of cake to online at Amazon
Same here, if I need something quick but in dire need I order from Amazon. Prime membership is worth the $99 charge a year.

A word of warning about Oreilly's and warranties. Save your receipts! I had purchased brake calipers from them 2 years ago for my girlfriend's car. We went to exchange one this weekend and it was a debacle because we didn't have the paper receipt. Figured it wouldn't be an issue seeing as this is 2016 and all, I do have an account and they record all my purchases down to the insignificant like PB blaster. Guy couldn't find a $300 purchase in the system, was being unhelpful etc. Really pissed me off. Went back the next day and worked with the manager, he found my purchase in their old green screen system. He also told me that cash purchases are not tracked, and old invoices can randomly drop off the system after 90 days. Plus the "Limited Lifetime Warranty" only cover one exchange for a manufacturers defect, after that you are on your own. Really disappointed in them, only reason I bought everything there is with shipping it was about a wash to buy all the heavy brake parts locally, plus the warranty is there, or so I thought.
MalibuSSwagon is offline   Reply With Quote