View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #71
brimc

Re: 86 Silverado K20 12V CUMMINS Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Looking good man! I don't see one and I don't remember if you said anything about one, but do you plan on installing a steering box brace on the frame? If not, I'd really consider it as these frames love to crack there and the added weight with the big tires will really progress that wek spot. On your fuel filter housing, those are a nice piece but really suck to replace the filter in a dodge.
Thanks for the compliment. I too think it is starting to look good. It is nice to get most of the dirty work finished and start putting things back together and start taking shape. I know about and have thought about the steering brace several times. I checked this area when I bought it and when I removed the box and there is no signs of any stress or cracking as of yet. This truck was run kinda hard with 35's for awhile off-road before I got it. I might just leave it be and call it a test to see how it does. This project has been a learning curve for all the pro's and con's for when I build the next one. This one might just be a training project
As for the filter housing, I like them better than the older spin on's. I had no problem changing on the Dodge. Should be just about the same in the Chev. Might not be there long as I might "upgrade" the hole low pressure side.

1986 Chevrolet K20 Silverado 12 Valve CUMMINS P Pumped Intercooled/Getrag360/Divorced NP205/10B/14BFF Detroit Locker - DD Canadian Winter Beater.

My Chevrolet CUMMINS Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=585509
brimc is offline   Reply With Quote