View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 11:54 PM   #11
fastpace

Re: 72 Highlander LWB w/ 5.3 and 6L80e

A couple small update pictures. We were really hoping to have the frame painted by now but the weather hasn't helped. They got 1 coat on the frame but it still needs at least 1 more coat on it. The suspension powdercoating is done but I don't have any pictures of it yet.

The wheels, I really hope that the rears fit. After looking at some pictures I kind of wish I got 19 or 20s for the truck, but we'll see how the 18s look once it done and go from there. Besides for the size I love the style of these, they just don't make them bigger than an 18".

Got the motor painted, we'll start out with the truck intake to get it going and let my bank account recover a little bit. After everything is smoothed out hopefully this summer we'll go to a single plane (probably Victor Jr), throttle body adapter, and an old school round air filter.

Low hump cut out to make some room for the high hump giving us more clearance.

Finally, I decided to go ahead and upgrade to Vintage Air while we're at it. I plan to daily drive it and it gets 110+ down here regularly so a good AC is important. Good thing I did cause come to find out the mice had moved in at some point.

1972 C10 LWB Highlander Dark Olive/White - Work in progress 5.3/6L80e, Accuair e-level, Porterbuilt Stage 1 front and Stage 2 rear, Wilwood 14"F 13"R, Vintage Wheel Works V40 18x8/18x11, and more... Build Thread
fastpace is offline   Reply With Quote