View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 01:53 AM   #14
fastpace

Re: 72 Highlander LWB w/ 5.3 and 6L80e

Quote:
Originally Posted by boynton View Post
Do you have any good pictures of the motor mounts? I am going with an ly6 and a 6l90 also how much did you move the trans cross member? You mentioned you cut the low hump for clearance is the bc the 6l80 is too big or just because you slid the motor further back? What did spear tech charge for the harness rework? Sorry for all the questions.
As of right now the motor hasn't been placed with the cab on the truck so I really don't have any answer for any of your questions. I went with a high hump because honestly almost everyone else with the 6L80 has and I'd rather have the extra room. The motor mounts are just stock mounts with Dirty Dingo slider plates http://dirtydingo.com/store/index.ph...=1_206_305_322 Right now the trans crossmember isn't bolted in, we drilled out the rivets and moved it and then we'll put new holes and some bolts where ever we need it and then we plan spacing the mount off the crossmember as needed. For the harness, Speartech still has the harness but I'm having them convert to a C6 pedal and adding a tip up/down switch to it. I'm not sure on the other changes, I just heard a lot of good things about them and never really saw anything bad plus they seem to be the leader in the 6 speed auto tuning and electronic conversion parts.
1972 C10 LWB Highlander Dark Olive/White - Work in progress 5.3/6L80e, Accuair e-level, Porterbuilt Stage 1 front and Stage 2 rear, Wilwood 14"F 13"R, Vintage Wheel Works V40 18x8/18x11, and more... Build Thread
fastpace is offline   Reply With Quote