View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 02:29 PM   #25
SCOTI

Re: 72 Highlander LWB w/ 5.3 and 6L80e

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastpace View Post
Its a 245/40/18 front and 285/35/18 rear. I really wanted a larger sidewall but there isn't much out there for an 18x11" wheel until you get the smaller sidewall. Right now the 285 is stretched on the rear to make sure everything is going to fit and clear. If it looks like there's some more room I'll sell sell these and get some 305 or 315s.

Im not planning on shaving the firewall right now because there's no body work planned for the truck, just drivetrain and suspension/chassis. If I ever decide to repaint it I'll definitely be shaving the plates but for now they'll be staying regular old black.
I thought Nitto made a 295-45 series?? That 285/35 is pretty short for a truck wheel opening (<26" tall; these trucks came w/approx 28" tall tires).

I hear you on the paint deal. I didn't know if you were doing just an engine compartment update (fresh motor & clean-up detail) or more. If just the engine compartment, I did the motor, firewall, & inner fenderwells on mine w/o anything to the exterior. But.... Block off plates work too.

Nice project.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote