Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 08:28 PM   #159
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

We eventually go all the bolts and wood out so I started sanding on the bed...What I found odd was that on the passenger side when I sanded down I found blue paint and on the drivers side I found red paint.......So I don't know if the bed side had been replaced or what...At this point it really doesn't matter just thought it was odd.

Since I have to have the cab corners replaced I decided to get them sanded down as will so it would be easier for the metal man to do their thing...Two hours later after grinding out bondo I finally got down to bare metal.....It looks like the cab had been hit at some point and instead of pulling the metal out or replacing it someone just filled it full of bondo....I'm thinking that the metal man will be able to pull it out some instead of having 5/8" worth of bondo...I could be wrong......the drivers side was the worst...which leads me to believe it was hit at some point and the replaced the bed side as well...since it had red paint under everything instead of blue like I have found everywhere else.
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote