Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 09:11 PM   #174
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

I have a question that I posted in the suspension section but figured I would post it here as well to those who follow my build and may have knowledge of what I am trying to accomplish...so here goes

At this point my truck is bone stock in the suspension department. I am interested in doing a 2/4 drop and such have opened up a whole different world that I have no idea about.

I "May" in the future put disc brakes on the front but as with anything I have to do this in sections...simply cannot go out and buy a whole new system at once...I do have a brake booster and used Captain Fabs bracket and it worked Great! Truck stop fine, but I did increase the HP when I had to rebuild the motor to around 375 and I added a 700R4 tranny.

So here are my questions.....I have seen simply changing the springs. ECE has a kit that offers single rate springs, shocks and new pan hard adjustable bar...it runs around 440.00

They also sell just the 2/4 drop springs for about 230.00

I contacted a vendor here and he suggested Ride Tech Springs that are dual rate springs, I can also add adjustable shocks...Springs 435.00 Shocks 329.00

I also looked at QA1 coilovers….Of course the complete system is roughly 3500.00 plus I have to add new spindles and discs brakes which will add to the cost.

I will not race the truck or really haul anything except I would still like to be able to pull my boat...No autocross etc...just normal driving

Do any of you guys have an experience doing a 2/4 drop...Pros and cons of each.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated....John
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote