Thread: 1972 SWB Build
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 03:53 PM   #20
beaterku

Re: 1972 SWB Build

A little update. I finally installed my new wing windows that I bought from Roger. He also helped me out swapping my chipped passenger side window. While it was apart I thoroughly cleaned and greased the door latch and window regulator and replaced a few broken rollers. I also replaced the window felts with a set from Precision. All in all, it went back together pretty nicely. I am not a big fan of the Precision seals. The first set has the clips placed way too high and once of the rubbers looked like it had been cut with a rusty pair of scissors. The second set was cut nice, but the driver side rubber is a hair too short. They do their job, but I would most likely go another route next time. Also adjusted the rear channels on both. No more rattling glass. The seals are so tight that the rubber binds a little when rolling up the window. I suspect this will break in with more use.

I've also started working on cleaning up the trailing arms for my leaf to spring conversion. 45 years of grease, rust and grime to clean off.

Getting there, slowly but surely.
Attached Images

beaterku is offline   Reply With Quote