View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 09:38 PM   #115
irl104

Re: My 1968 C30 Wrecker rebuild

Thank you all for the comments and words of encouragement. Again, I can't say enough about this forum and the people that are here. A very knowledgeable and kind group is an understatement.
It has been a complete challenge throughout the build, both physical and mentally. It sure would have been a lot easier building a pickup truck for sure. I even wanted to buy a pickup bed for it and restore it as well, in case I wanted to take the wrecker bed off of it. Now I'm realizing that the wrecker bed will stay on it. It's so much of my families history. The build brought back so many fond memories at the shop for me. I can't wait for spring to get it out on the road for a 50 year anniversary of the truck itself.
I do want to go to the museum. I'm not sure if that is the Holmes wrecker museum or just a wrecker museum. I need to do some more research on my end. Many years ago men from Holmes came and looked at our wreckers and had discussions with my grandpa and grandma, Tommy and Ruth Allen, my dad and his twin brother, Dick and Bob Allen, over the low profile design of the wrecker beds, ease of use, and safety. Then Holmes made changes to theirs.

Last edited by irl104; 01-08-2018 at 01:35 PM.
irl104 is offline   Reply With Quote