View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 11:30 PM   #20
jarrodblake

Re: 1970 C30 Car hauler Buildish thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC View Post
It's probably time for a bigger vice.
I have been putting it off for years. But it looks like I am just going to have to get a bigger vice. I am keeping an I on CL hopefully I will come across a old Wilton or something like that. I have thought about buying an harbor freight vice as it looks like they come from the same factory as Yost, Olympia and Irwin.

Well to day I tried a newer product called DR X it works pretty good but it's kinda expensive. I only bought 1 gallon of the cleaner and sealer. I probably needed to but 3 gallons of cleaner to do the job. But for light rust it clean the metal really well. unfortunately I did not have enough to get all the rust.

[IMG]IMAG1246 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]IMAG1248 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]IMAG1247 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]IMAG1249 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]IMAG1250 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]IMAG1253 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

So I did some more wire willing and got as much rust out of the pits as I could then I used some eastwood fast etch let that sit for an hour then I prepared it for paint.

I only spayed some of the fire wall as I am still doing some work on the upper part of it. I also sprayed the floor and inner fire wall as I still have some work to do around the windshield frame that and I want to por 15 the windshield frame lip as there is a lot of pitting there I plan to sandblast the area be for I por 15 it.

[IMG]IMAG1254 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]IMAG1255 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]IMAG1256 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]IMAG1257 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]IMAG1258 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

Hopefully next week I will make some patch panels I need to fix the side air boxes and one inner patch under the passenger side, side vent.
jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote