View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 03:12 PM   #56
skyphix

Re: Doing LS Swap - I have no idea what I'm doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleChief View Post
I really appreciate the feedback and advice. I am currently looking at going with the FiTech setup over the Holley. 1) It's $300 less than Holley, 2) I like the idea of plug and play - no extra tuning or flashing down the road, and 3) all new wires in the harness. I know a OEM harness and CPU would be fine for what I need, but when I get into having someone strip down the wiring, flash the CPU, and tune the truck, I'm already close to what I'm paying for the FiTech harness.

Here is the fuel line kit I purchased - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . It is PTFE line with braided exterior. A friend of mine just used it on his Camaro when he went EFI and really liked it. Said the fit, finish, and quality was great.

This is going to be a driver, cruiser type truck. I don't hot rod or do burnouts, too much . As of now, I don't see any upgrades to the stock engine. Now, I can't rule that out down the road, but as of right now, it'll stay stock. I'll probably end up with headers and have the exhaust built for the truck. Probably an air intake as well - I like the AEM reusable dry filters.

The family does enjoy the truck. My 4 yr old son claimed it as his the day I brought it home. The wife is on board with it and enjoys the car shows. She has her own truck ('73 F100 that was her Grandpa's) that is currently in the body shop getting some rusty metal fixed.

Your reasons for going FiTech are the exact reasons I went PSI - all new wiring, plug, start, and drive... but PSI comes with factory reliability. I've not had experience with the FiTech LS stuff, but haven't seen great things from their other stuff. PSI works out to about the same cost when you add up FiTech with transmission control (if you need it, I can't recall what transmission you're using.) As an FYI, the Holley is plug and play as well - plug it in, walk through their setup, and it self learns based on the stuff you put in... sort of the same as the FiTech setup. I'll be doing some FiTech tuning this winter on a carb conversion setup (not LS based, person just has no idea how to do computer controlled stuff and went the cheapest route he could) so if you do go that route, I'll be interested to hear how the LS stuff goes.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote