View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 07:19 AM   #57
biketopia

Re: Doing LS Swap - I have no idea what I'm doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyphix View Post
Your reasons for going FiTech are the exact reasons I went PSI - all new wiring, plug, start, and drive... but PSI comes with factory reliability. I've not had experience with the FiTech LS stuff, but haven't seen great things from their other stuff. PSI works out to about the same cost when you add up FiTech with transmission control (if you need it, I can't recall what transmission you're using.) As an FYI, the Holley is plug and play as well - plug it in, walk through their setup, and it self learns based on the stuff you put in... sort of the same as the FiTech setup. I'll be doing some FiTech tuning this winter on a carb conversion setup (not LS based, person just has no idea how to do computer controlled stuff and went the cheapest route he could) so if you do go that route, I'll be interested to hear how the LS stuff goes.
Yeaa FiTech doen't have the greatest reputation, at least to me. My brothers shop replaced countless FiTech set ups over the years with Holley snipper type set ups. The support you will get from a holley aftermarket set up I feel is far and away much better than fitech. Even though I think for your set up, I'd spend a weekend or a few evenings after work laying out the factory harness on a bench or piece of ply wood and removing what you don't need. Tons and tons and tons of write ups on this, with pictures, and tools, and part#'s of anything you might and don't need. As long as the wrecking yard didn't get lazy I'm sure the GM harness will last you easily another 5-10+ years. Then you've also checked it over and have the opportunity to inspect it and know it, and have a couple hundred bucks to spend on other things. You can always go back in a year or 4 after you've been enjoying the truck that much sooner and r&r the harness with something new if you feel the need. I guarantee you there is someone close to you that you can have flash the gm ECM to run and drive for you for little more than the cost of the credits since you're not doing any type of engine upgrades.

07 Silverado Classic 2wd

95 Camaro 427SBC/TH350
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote