Thread: 47-59 Worst paint job ever
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 03:01 PM   #7
mr48chev

Re: Worst paint job ever

Dang, I thought you had that truck about as close to perfect as you could get it before sending it for finish body work and paint.

I'd have to say that the big and somewhat continuing issue with restoration or custom work on a vintage rig as a lot of production shops view it as sideline work to do when the big paying insurance jobs slow down. They take it on but shove it off to the side because they are doing fast money repair jobs that now days are quite often panel replacement, scuff and shoot rather than hours of block sanding and panel fitting.

I know Hogfarm's demand for perfection having taking probably as many photos of his t54 as any non family member has over the past few years. That truck is about as close to perfect as any truck around. It isn't flashy in that it doesn't have big oversize gaudy wheels and the black paint while as close to perfect and showing perfect body work rather hides in a field of brightly painted cars at an event but those in the know understand what they see. Shody work isn't going to cut it.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote