View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 05:24 AM   #32
Joe67
67 is sold

Re: 99+up common problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdz2120 View Post
well,
you make an accurate point. I wasn't trying to be arrogant. We all come to expect an exceptable level of quality and reliability from a purchase that is priced at a large pecentage of our salaries especially at the way things are right now. It seems to me that the 99-2001 silverados came out better the the years that followed. I only experienced the piston slap that was remedied with the proper oil filter, pcv, and switching to 5w30 standard mobil oil.I also used the seafoam engine cleaner and my milage is back up to 415 to 430 miles per tank driving under 80 on the freeway. My best to date is roughly 530 miles from Donna , Texas in the riogrand valley to waxahachie just south of dallas. I hope I didn't jinx myself. Later.
My 2000 5.3l GMC still has 'piston slap' that is not remedied by oil or anything else related to general maintenance. I will say that I am about to hit 200K on my truck without ANY issues related to piston slap, in all these years I have yet to read anything that it has caused any issues down the road

To me it is just an annoyance and nothing more

gr8lakes - My ebay auctions

Click here to order forum apparel :: Click here to become a subscribing member
Joe67 is offline   Reply With Quote