View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #45
Square_78

Re: Rechrome or new grill GMC

Yes I agree. LMC parts are cheap and crappy. I dont have much experience with these older truck parts so I dont really know the difference between LMC and brothers etc. All I know is that there is a huge difference in $$$ between a $500 repro grill and a $1500+ rechome job. Not everyone can afford the good stuff. Im glad mine is factory rechomed but if I had to do it again I would sure look closely at aftermarket options. Also Im in BC, Canada so my only option to buy locally is from KMS tools and Im pretty sure their stuff is the same as LMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne shortstep View Post
Repop parts suck! Not to mention supporting the local economy, which brings me to my next rant. LMC sucks in my opinion, buy from Brothers, The Truck Shop, GMC Pauls, or other independently owned / operated business. I try to support my local economy whenever possible so I recommend Brothers or The Truck Shop being that they are based in So. Cal., try a shop in your local area and or a business that supports this board.

"I refuse to go disc brakes. I actually love drum brakes. It makes for an adventure." - 50bomb

1978 Chevy shop truck - static 6/8"
1970 GMC 1500 - Accuair eLevel Resto-mod http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=537497
Square_78 is offline   Reply With Quote