View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 01:09 AM   #2
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Air bags on the rear suspension?

A 4 link would be most ideal for ride, and capacity.

I went with a air over leaf set up on my C10 since I be poor. Still dialing it in, but the ride is better then before. I used 3 leaves from the old pack of 6, and Slam specialties SS7 bags. I should get rid of the mid spring, but i will see how it does when inlower the front. They are mounted in a bag over axle style. I would recommend 7 or 8 inch bags even for helper bags as they ride better then the 5 or 6 inch variety when you just need a little help. I am using Schrader valves mounted to the bumper, and a foot pump to change pressure.

Currently I am running 20psi in both bags to level the front, and back out. I really need to swap my front cradle to lower the front so I can lower the air pressure for better ride. When I did my new bed wood. I had to flip the axle, and shackle for proper clearance. On my C notches I used Amazon special 2018 Silverado rear bump stops for a softer bottoming out.

I would say the ride vs my old ride is quite improved right now. Even though it is still in a comprised setting. Combined with my broken seat back making things worse. My old leaf set up was the HD 56" pack for a C10. Which explains why I have the 12 bolt in my truck vs the common 10 bolt.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote