View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 05:16 PM   #209
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

So now at this point I figured it was getting close to a time when I would have to decide if I was going to repaint the truck or not. My options were.........

1. Just hit the repaired portion of the back of the cab with red oxide and throw it back together as is and look past all the other problems it has.

2. Just scuff the whole truck and repaint entirely with another coat of red oxide primer.

3. Address the issues that all the previous owners neglected to do, strip, prime, and paint.

So seeing as how I am starting to get really burned out messing with this truck, (remember I only bought it hoping to have something to tinker with on the weekends), I decided to just scuff the whole truck and give it another shot of primer and call it done. However, that was until my good buddy came over and started to poke around a little more and started to find some stuff that just couldn't be left un-repaired.

Soooooooo 2 weeks and about $500 later here is where I am at. I must have removed about 75 Lbs. of body filler. In some spots were it was needed it was about 1" deep. In the spots were it wasn't needed it was only 1/2" deep
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote