Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #110
User Error

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymangs View Post
I also delete the courtesy lights (under dash) and remove the stupid key in/lights on buzzer. The dash cluster plug is a pain, but pin-outs are available on the internet. See attached Pin-out for 83-93 S10's. Obviously the oil, temp, and voltmeter wires are the sending unit wires for aftermarket gauges, the left/right turn, bright ind. and SES wires must be hooked to individual lamps, etc. If you do not have basic wiring proficiency, do not attempt this! get professional help.
I'm a bit confused... I'm going to be adding Dolphin Gauges to my 50 here soon... I'd like to use as much of the stock harness as possible... So from your post if I'm reading right you can just hook up the oil, temp, and volt wires directly to aftermarket gauges and use the oem Senders? (mine OEM senders are currently out and laying on the intake causing some ECM/TBI issues Manual senders are in the oil and temp locations) (Fixing someone elses build that's how they left it) Also can you cover a little about the Fuel and Speedo senders vs oem wiring or rewiring? Thanks... you're a ton of help man... I so wish you were closer I'd get you to build me a couple more trucks...

Last edited by User Error; 09-05-2014 at 02:52 PM.
User Error is offline   Reply With Quote