View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 01:32 PM   #35
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: Not A Good Day (Wrecked My Truck)

Sorry I have been away from the computer for a couple of days. I am overwhelmed with emotion from the comments and generosity of the members of this forum. I thank each and every one of you.

I am going to start pulling sheetmetal off, and take some measurements of the frame to see if she is still square. I will document the teardown, and rebuild. I do want to keep this truck if I can. But if the frame is too far gone I don't know what avenue I'll take. I hit that ditch at about 40mph. The damage is a little more extensive than the pics show, but that tuck absorbed a lot of it. If the fan wouldn't have been hitting the radiator shroud when I got it to fire back up, I would have been able to drive it home!

To the cats that offered up help and parts, I am honored by your generosity. I haven't got the words to express my gratitude. I will be hitting some of you up, as I start this process. It's finally sinking in that I wrecked my truck, and how lucky I actually am. Again... even a simple stock lap belt saved my life. Hard to believe that just a mere 20 years ago, I never wore a seat belt of any kind. This crash has made me rethink the way I drive any vehicle.

When I tear into it I'll start another build thread to keep up with the progress. I hit an annual 3 day car/truck show/cruise in up in Deming, WA every year. It is the end of August. We're hoping to have this truck up and in shape for that event.

Again... my wife and I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts! You guys and gals rock!

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote