Thread: 1972 SWB Build
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 11:54 AM   #10
beaterku

Re: 1972 SWB Build

My plan is to convert from a leaf rear to truck arm rear. I picked up everything I need from my local C10 parts guys to make the swap happen.

The rear end was in no so prime condition. The diff pin was seized so I had to torch it out. No biggie since I was replacing it anyway. I tore it down, stripped it, sanded it and put a good coat of paint on it. I installed a set of Moser axles, Eaton Posi, Richmond 3.73 and all new bearings and seals. It was my first time setting up a ring/pinion. Managed a nice pattern and .006 backlash. I’ll call that a win.

The cross members and trailing arms are at my shop being blasted this week. I need to do a little body work on the arms to straighten out a couple of dings before they are off to powdercoating. For suspension, I plan on ordering a Ridetech Street Grip kit. Brakes will be Willwood D52’s up front and D154’s out back. I am going a new booster and Wilwood master. Steering is all new Moog parts with a quick ratio box from Wes at Classic Heartbeat.
Attached Images

beaterku is offline   Reply With Quote