View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 12:37 AM   #3
jarrodblake

Re: 1970 C30 Car hauler Buildish thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70STOVEBOLT View Post
Welcome to the board! That will be a nice truck when you get it done. Is it a big block truck? You might want to check that NV4500 out to make sure it has had the updated mainshaft installed. They had a problem with the nut coming loose that holds the overdrive gear in place and the gear would back off, and then no overdrive.
Thanks! small block 350, I plan on doing the upgrade.

Well I finally got some free time. I ordered all the replacement parts I think I will need to fix the cab rust. I ordered the inner and outer rockers, the cab corners, rear floor, Front Door Pillars, Rear of the Door Pillars, and the Complete Rear Cab Floor Support.

[IMG]IMAG0882 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG0883 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG0884 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

I also built a Forward Tip cab dolly. I used some scrap electrical conduit that I had leftover from a few other projects. I like using electrical conduit for temporary bracing. I will also use it to brace the cab when I start cutting on it.

[IMG]IMAG0887 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

Unfortunately my fancy tube bender kinked the thin wall tubing. But it still has a decent radius so it is easily tipped over.

[IMG]IMAG0891 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG0890 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG0889 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG0888 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

Anyone know of a good thread on replacing the rear floor and floor brace? I cannot seem to find one I don't know if I am using the correct terms when searching?
jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote