View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 11:24 PM   #81
75Dually

Re: 68 GMC to a 2003 Tahoe chassis

I finally got some actual work done today! I traveled every week the entire month of November... Yeah I know..., but sitting in the hotel room every night made me wish I was home wrenching on this project.

So today's effort was getting all the last items finished up so I can take the body of the Tahoe off the chassis. All the wiring is now disconnected from the chassis to the cab, the transmission cable was disconnected, and the e-brake line was disconnected too. Those were my last items to get finished up. The trans cable was not too bad, but I have never had an e-brake cable not fight me. I know they are not made to come apart, but really!!!

Yesterday our car club Banzai Cruisers held a toys for tots car show. It was a great success! We even had some high end trucks show up, Mr. Olivera from Vulcan Specialties brought out his Dodge crew cab dually. Such a cool guy, and an amazing ride! If you get a chance check out YouTube and you can see a couple of videos on this amazing truck. My son in law also brought out his very cool GTR Skyline. A poster car for his generation if there ever was one.

Time to get back to work and get the 68 mounted to the Tahoe chassis.

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote