View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 01:56 AM   #95
75Dually

Re: 68 GMC to a 2003 Tahoe chassis

After work today I got busy and got the cab on the chassis. As I have seen with other similar builds the 2 front cab mounts lined up with 2 holes in the frame. It still needs the rear mounts built, but those are the jobs I really like. I will try and take pics of all the mounts, hopefully I will remember the measurements, but remember I'm under the LST crunch timeline so I will do the best I can.

I have 2 style of frame mounts available, the Tahoe mounts, and the new 68 mounts I got from LMC. The 68 mounts are easily and inch shorter than the Tahoe mounts, and I will most likely use them on the front mounts, but everywhere I can use the Tahoe mounts I will. They are just better in every way over the 68 mounts.

The last portion of the evening I got the front clip torn down and put the passenger fender on to see what it looked like and how well it fit.

Over the weekend I hope to start on the radiator support. I have to take everything off the Tahoe support and then work out what I want to do to the 68 support to make everything fit. Another job I'm looking forward to.

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote