View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 12:15 AM   #11
jarrodblake

Re: 1970 C30 Car hauler Buildish thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalthor View Post
Nice truck. Reminds me of when I had 70 chevy grain truck and I took the sides off and it was a flat deck for a couple of weeks. It was white aswell. Looking forward to seeing it all fixed up.
Thanks, It's getting there, but life keeps getting in the way. That and I keep forgetting to post updates, and taking picks.

I got the rockers on.
[IMG]IMAG1039 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]IMAG1056 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]IMAG1086 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

So my uncle wants to use the truck to haul his tractor. So I have not really made any progress on the cab. All the cab pics are from a few weeks ago. I have been getting the truck prepped for the haul. I have been cleaning it up going through the wiring I replaced the high/ low headlight switch and pigtail it was melted. I removed a bunch of random pieces of metal on the bed that no longer go to anything. I also cleaned up and reinforced a bunch of welds on the bed. I replaced the hinges on the side box all the others were broken and the door was held on by a chain and a strap. I also made some removable stake pocket D ring mounts so I can tie the tractor down to the bed with chain. I also bought some chain binders. I replaced the blower motor so the truck now has heat. I replaced some more hoses on the engine its now idles better. I also replaced one of the inner rear tires it had a lot of dry rot.

[IMG]IMAG1103 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]
jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote