Thread: The Pig Rig!
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 12:31 AM   #35
ericjon262

Re: The Pig Rig!

turns out, I used the wrong fittings on the transmission cooler lines, I used straight hose ends on the transmission, but should have used 45*, with the straight ends, the hoses try and occupy the same space as the Y pipe, thankfully, I have some scrap stainless tubing, that I flared and bent to re-position the lines out of the way. My crossover steer kit came in, as well as my steering box brace. the box brace is installed, and the exhaust is almost done, I didn't get a chance to really work on it today, the weather wasn't exactly cooperating. hopefully tomorrow, I can finish the exhaust and plug wires

the brace is pretty beefy, kinda a PITA to install, I can't imagine trying to do it with the engine accessories on, and the radiator installed.

I also cleaned all the old grease out of the front wheel bearings with plans to repack them and roll, but one of the inners looked kinda meh, and the other looked like dog crap, thankfully, new timken's are only about $10 a piece. the outers looked great, so I'll just repack them and call it good. pro tip, gasoline removes wheel bearing grease like nobody's business.

My trucks don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
ericjon262 is offline   Reply With Quote