View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 07:26 PM   #77
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

I can't believe it's been over a month since I have updated this thread. I have gotten it back from the body shop. The driver's rocker has been replaced and color matched. Original mirror arms (that were in the glovebox) have been put back on and the holes from the big ugly mirrors have been filled with small screws that were color matched. I used a stainless panel plug to fill the aftermarket antenna hole in the cowl so as not to disturb the original paint. It has all new trim everywhere and has been polished to perfection (Thanks again Kevin!), but still need to clean up and repaint the grille. The entire cooling system, clutch, u-joints have all been replaced as well as servicing the 4-speed transmission just to make sure I don't have any problems while at Cruisin' the Coast. Speaking of CTC, Friday I will drive the Blazer to work and will leave directly from there to head North to Natchitoches for the Return to the 50's car show. Sunday we will caravan from Natchitoches to Mississippi for CTC! If you see me or the Blazer while we are out & about, come introduce yourself as I would love to meet y'all.

Here are a few pics of it's current state. The round mirrors are what I ended up with, the rectangular mirrors were cheap and vibrated bad while driving.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build

Last edited by smbrouss70; 07-29-2017 at 10:33 PM.
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote