View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 08:18 PM   #52
hewittca

67-72 Development/Concept Photos Galore!

Part 3, Promotional Photography

The second set of new photos I would like to share are raw promotional photos that the GM Heritage Center was able to find. You will notice that many of these photos look somewhat familiar already, as they were used as the basis of many promotional advertisements and brochures. The neat thing, however, is that these are the unedited original photos before they were modified and accentuated for advertisement purposes. I will simply separate them by model year here and point out any interesting things I saw. Enjoy!

The first model year for the second generation C series of Chevrolet trucks. These first two are actually my favorite and exemplify how classy and robust the new design was. The third picture is interesting as well. You will note it is a fully assembled truck in bare metal. I'm sure this was for an ad but I'm not familiar with which one.

Note the original lower location of the new for '68 marker lights in the first photo. Also note in the second picture the additional trim on the '68 anniversary edition 4x4 that didn't make it to production.

Note the narrower marker light design that did not make it to production.

This first photo is possibly the most interesting of the bunch. I stared at it for a while thinking something looked different on this truck, but couldn't pinpoint it. Then it hit me, no marker lights! Then I looked a little closer and also realized the body line goes straight back to the end of the bed compared to the typical drop off on the production truck. Further, if you look closely, there is a vertical seam several inches from the end of the bedside. Were they shortening bedsides before it was the cool thing to do?! I don't know if it's just the fact that I've been sorting through all these longbed photos, but this one does appear slightly shorter than a standard shortbed to me. I have no clue what this truck was for but it is clearly a '72 based on the grill.

-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread

Last edited by hewittca; 09-22-2016 at 10:22 AM.
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote