Thread: 6 lug rotors ?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #17
dyrt

Re: 6 lug rotors ?

I scanned through the posts above but i'm at work so i am going to repeat some stuff but i can't spend a ton of time so........

These rotors are made by mcgaughey if i remember correctly. You can get kits directly from them. I purchased mine from a guy on ebay and if i recall correctly, it was just a mcgaughey kit that was shipped right to me. The standard kit is essentially a stock 73 and up hd(1.25") front disc setup including calipers and pads except the rotor blanks are drilled for 6 lug instead of 5. They are designed to be used with the standard 73 and up hd spindle, but there may be a manufacturer that takes the spindle and reams the balljoint holes so that you can use them with stock 67-72 balljoints, i am not sure.

The other option is to use a 3/4 ton lower a-arm and and 1/2 ton upper with the correct size balljoint and you can use 1988-199? spindle and use the later calipers and get new 6 lug rotors right at the auto store. the cool thing about that is you can use all stock gm replacement parts with it. It is a little more involved that that but i am going to score a setup from the junkyard and have it in case i want to use it later on instead of the '86 setup i have now with the 6-lug discs. There is info on this swap on this site somewhere.
dyrt is offline   Reply With Quote