View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 09:47 PM   #402
Dale99

Re: Project 30 years sitting

Bringing it back from the dead. Cant believe its been almost 4 years and no updates. Man, life gets in the way of fun stuff.

My nephew inherited my grandfathers truck and Ive been helping him fix it up. Its a 93 s10 fully loaded with 75k miles.

Ended up finding myself a 94 s10 blazer for 300 bux. Working on making it a daily driver, but will be a parts truck if nephew wrecks his.

My Camaro ended up rusting so bad I could put my fist thru the firewall.

Helped a friend hodgepodge a motor together for his Mustang gt. What a nightmare due to not doing proper research.

Onto the K5, nothing new, no paint, no major work, did burn the radio up. But... this past month, took it to go get parts for another truck project and toasted the rear axle. After getting parts in, I discovered I have had the incorrect rear axle this whole time. It is from a 65 2wd. Explains a lot of things. So I'm on the hunt for a new axle which is why I'm back. Hopefully post some install pics. Going to replace the leaf springs while I have it apart. This thing has always sat crooked from the way it was parked all them years.
Attached Images

Dale99 is offline   Reply With Quote