View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 11:04 PM   #683
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

I didn't get to do a lot this weekend. I got pulled into a lot of side projects.

I installed the latch on the D/S door and mounted the fender. I had to shim the radiator support with two 3/8" shims to move the fender away from the door. It was a pain getting the fender lined up with the radiator support. I had to loosen the radiator mounts to get it to move.

I tried to install the new Detent cable I bought. The old one is installed on the transmission but not the engine and the sleeve is broken. I realized the part of the bracket that holds the detent cable is too far forward. Going to pick up a universal bracket tomorrow.

For some reason I can't get the rocker panel to shove into place with the door on like I did with the other side. That's going to make it more of a pain to install this rocker. Maybe I need to pull the door out more. I should probably remove the bumper and see how far in the door really goes.

It almost looks like a real truck...

It's been interesting learning how moving one part of the body affects other areas. I learned that putting a shim on the D/S of the radiator support will mess up the alignment on the other side. After shimming the D/S, I noticed this on the P/S and had to shim the P/S mount as well.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote