Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 12:11 AM   #254
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty - Alternator Wiring Schematic For Dummies

I don't know about you, but wiring diagrams just make no sense to me. I can now relate to how some of the world's greatest musicians say they can not read sheet music. (By no means am I comparing myself to John Bonham, I'm just sayin')

If someone was to show me something as simple as the pic below, with a short write up, I would be good to go in 10 minutes instead of starring at a bunch of black squigly lines

so from left to right

Red wire goes from the bolt on the alternator to this fusible link gizmo on the firewall

Yellow wire goes from the plastic Terminal 1 / Terminal 2 plug from the alternator and is spliced into the same red wire going to the fusilbe link gizmo on the firewall and also changes color to a different red wire that runs to the fuse block

Brown wire goes from the plastic Terminal 1 / Terminal 2 plug from the alternator to the fuse block directly

and I even show the big fat black negative battery terminal wire being grounded to the alternator bracket

maybe this helps somebody out maybe it doesn't, maybe some of you like it, maybe some of you don't, but it makes sense to me
Attached Images

Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote