View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 11:08 AM   #54
Duncan K

Re: 66 GMC Long to Short LS Swap

Got the frame flipped over, kids helped me paint the frame again while the dog supervised.

Pressed out the old trailing arm bushings and installed some new polyurethane ones. Got the rear end painted and started putting the rear suspension back together. Using 5" drop springs and 2" drop blocks. So nice to be working with clean, freshly painted parts and brand new hardware. No more rust and grime!!

Painted the spindles and callipers and put the front suspension together. 2.5" drop spindle and 3" drop springs.

Good buy old drum brakes, hello shiny new disks.

Up until this point everything had been great with this Grand Slam kit from CPP. Bolted up the front wheels and found that the rotor hub doesn't fit the centre hole on the wheel. From all the stories I've read about CPP's customer service I'm not looking forward to getting this sorted out.

Does anyone know what rotors I can use on the CPP spindles that will fit the stock wheel opening? I'm thinking it might just be easier to buy a proper set than deal with CPP and have to ship the old ones back.

Bolted both front wheels up so at least its a roller now. I've got some major positive camber in the front. I'm doubtful that even removing all the shims will correct it. Anyone experience this with a 5.5" drop?

Still have to sort out the rear shock relocation and hook up the steering linkage but I think I'll leave that for later. Plan to tear down the LS and get the block off to the machine shop.

Last edited by Duncan K; 04-07-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Duncan K is offline   Reply With Quote