View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 04:01 PM   #668
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

The upgrades that are coming in the future are finally finishing the interior off with the parchment seats, door panels, side panels in the bed area with a custom Blue carpet that is as close of a match to the exterior paint as I could get.

I also started down a long road of acquiring and modifying parts to put a 2x4BBL crossram on the engine. I couldn't afford to get a real one from a 69 DZ302, so I ordered an Offenhauser copy that "might" get delivered in July after ordering it in September. I am going to use 2 Terminator X Stealth throttle bodies, so hopefully the Fuel Injection will be less temperamental than carbs. I was able to confirm that a repop DZ302 air cleaner does fit on the Offenhauser intake, so it will have the look that I want with that big oval air cleaner canted at a 45* angle. Those crossrams like a lot of velocity going through the intake, which is accomplished on the 302 by running them wide-ass open at high RPMs. The other way to get velocity is to increase the CID of the engine, so I'll be ordering a 406 short block from Smeding when I go to install the intake. I'll probably be upgrading the clutch again due to the probable 100+ HP increase.
Attached Images

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote