View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 10:52 PM   #89
PBFAB.COM

Re: $999 for a Dropmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by edflores View Post
would you charge extra for that? i have 2.5 western chassis spindles on my 2wd k5 and im running 22"rims with a 265/35 but i may want 24s at a later date.
also, my friend just bought a 71 k5. i know another member installed a dropmember in his, i want to know what is involved in making the switch from 4wd to your 2wd. i cut off an entire 90 burb front clip with arms spindles brakes and all so we have most the stuff to make it happen

and how long will the price drop be good for? i think my budget should allow me to get this by my birthday (nov 27).
Lots of questions....

I do not charge extra for moving the bag mounts. In your case I could set them up to get more drop, and you would have to run a spacer or small cup on the lower arm while you ran the shorter tires.

As for the 4WD to 2WD conversion... it's basically the same install as in a 2WD except you have to remove some spring hangers and misc. brackets, and then measure and drill the mounting holes in the frame. I will have a template and instructions for the square body conversion in a month or so, and then the 63-72 chassis once I do another conversion! I wasn't thinking ahead when I did Kyle's blazer.

The price on the new design should be good for a while... it would take a large increase in my steel cost to make it fluctuate much at all.

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson